CONTEST UPDATE: The Winner of the Matthew Jordan Smith Contest is @OhioHikerPhoto ! We would like to thank everyone for participating in the contest. Follow @ProfotoUSA for future contests & promotions. Check out the seminar details below. This is a course that is not to be missed!
Contest, Contest! Win a free seat in Matthew’s Seminar – details below.
Chances are if you’re facing Matthew Jordan Smith with a camera in his hand, you’re an A-list celebrity. Or perhaps you’re a bright white polar bear. Or maybe an iceberg that caught his talented eye. Now Matthew is placing the camera in your hands and giving you the opportunity to learn from his 20-plus years of experience and inspirations. Or as he likes to put it, “releasing the secrets.”
With the aptly named Your Creative Experience, Matthew Jordan Smith is setting out on another adventure. This time he plans on dropping some serious knowledge for those who share his passion for the art of photography. “If you want to grow, especially when things are changing as fast as they are in our industry, you need to get more information, so I’m doing a full seminar. I’m teaching people, inspiring them in new ways”, says Matthew. As previous attendees have proclaimed, you will learn more in one day with Matthew Jordan Smith than you did in a year at college.
To make things even more interesting, we are running a contest with Matthew alongside the tour. The rules are simple. Good luck!
That’s all – get Tweeting!
Note: If you already followed one or both accounts, you do not need to unfollow/refollow. Just make sure you follow both accounts and Tweet the above.
We will choose a winner from all followers on 7/14 at 10am EST. Get Tweeting!
Want to learn more about what you will win? Here’s more seminar details:
Creative Experience Evening Lecture
Cost $55.00 ($75 at door)
Door Prizes Include
Sony A550 Camera
Four X-rite Color Checker Passports
One year membership to PPA and full registration to Imaging USA 2011
What you will learn in this seminar:
* Part 1: Creativity – How to find and use your creative vision.
* Part 2: Lighting- Secrets to mastering lighting: Tips, techniques and more.
* Part 3: Promotion and Marketing: It’s not what you think.
* Part 4: Secrets to creating great photographs.
Creative Experience Intensive Course
Cost: $995.00 ($1100 at door)
Part 1: Include evening lecture – VIP Seating
Part 2: Creative Experience Intensive Course
Tuesday Intensive Class: 8:30a.m.-6:00p.m.
Discussion Dinner with Matthew Jordan Smith 7:00p.m.-9:00p.m.
10-Hour Intensive Creative Workshop
Tuesday 8:30a.m. – 6:00p.m.
* How to use your new creative vision to photograph a model in class
* How to shoot an editorial story tailored to your individual style
* How to submit photo stories for publication around the world
* Detailed secrets to building and keeping repeat clients
* Social media marketing tips
* Powerful Marketing and Promotional instruction
* How to build a winning T.E.A.M.
* Advanced lighting techniques using Profoto strobes – Individual instruction from Matthew
* Matthew’s seven secrets to generating work in good and bad times
* How to select the right light for the job. (Hands on instruction and shooting)
* How to edit for powerful stories (students will take turns editing)
* Complimentary book (donated by SONY)
Day two starts off with the BIG SURPRISE which is reserved for intensive students only. The seminar continues with an intensive 10-hour workshop aimed at advancing your career in photography. On a commercial assignment the concept never happens the day of the shoot, so students will be given detailed instructions before the seminar to prepare for the two-part photo shoot. Students will take part in a creative photo shoot in class. Prior to class each student will receive an online portfolio review and critique from Matthew.
* Lighting test with Profoto D1strobes and air remote
* Secrets to creating work in good and bad times
* Matthew’s seven marketing and promotional secrets revealed
* VIP Dinner with Matthew Jordan Smith. (VIP Dinner follows immediately after the seminar.)
Learn more at Matthew’s seminar website: http://yourcreativeexperience.com/. And good luck to everyone – we’re looking forward to giving away a seat for a truly amazing experience. And read more in our previous posts here and here.
Trackback from your site.